- Give a speech to more than 500 people.
- Learn to play the guitar and spend an afternoon singing as a street performer.
- Learn enough Spanish to carry a 5 minute conversation with a stranger.
- Get an article published in the Newnan Times Herald.
Cook a Low Country Boil for more than 10 people.(Thanks to all of my Auburn friends, this was checked off on a very cold night in January.)
- Live outside the US for 6 months.
- For-real surf.
- Ride a bike across a country.
- Complete the MatadorU Travel Writing course. (in progress)
Go to a rave.
- Play a round of golf at Pebble Beach.
Become debt free. (Done, May 11, 2010!) Visit Silicon Valley. (Done, Sept. 2011. Post here.)
- Write a letter/email to Tim Cook.
- Participate in Burning Man.
- Give, or at least attend a TED Talk.
- Publish a book and sell more than 100 copies.
- Spend a night on a beach.
- Read the entire Bible.
Catch a fly bare handed.(In the Regal 8 Motel in Tucson, Arizona. Here’s video. And a picture.)
- Kayak under a waterfall.
- Learn how to swim…like for real swim, not doggy-paddle swim.
Use a semicolon; properly.(Done. See this post. It was verified by @20littlepiggies and @VaughnMom!) Get my Captains license.
- Fly a seaplane.
- Hike the Appalachian Trail.
- Attend SXSW.
- Ride in a helicopter.
- Give away a million dollars.
- Sail around the world.
- Ride a boat through the Panama Canal.
- Sleep in a hammock in the San Blas islands.
- Swim with a sea turtle in the Galapagos Islands.
- Play rugby in New Zealand.
- Tweet from the Equator.
- Start a fire without a match.
Attend Junkanoo. (Done. Kinda.)
- Be in a huge food fight.
- Attend a religious service in 5 different countries.
- Weigh 185 lbs again.
- Learn to use a sextant.
- Attend “An Event Apart”.
- Run a whole marathon.
Write something in my journal at least once a day, every day for a month.
- Spend the night in an Ice Hotel.
- Show up at the airport and take the first available flight to somewhere I haven’t been.
- Create/produce or star in a video that goes viral & gets more than 1 million views. (The closest I’ve gotten is producing this video and this one. Still have a ways to go though.)
- Get married. And stay that way.
- Live in a house unreachable by car.
Smoke a Cuban cigar.(Done, thanks to @seatonob. Photo here.) Solve a Rubik’s cube.(Done. Thanks to @smiley_reilee for giving me a cube for my birthday!)
- Karaoke “God Bless the USA.”
- Witness a Mobile Bay Jubilee.
Watch the sunrise every day for a week.(Done. 5 Sunrises at Hotel Sak’Cari in San Pedro, Guatemala and 2 on the roof of a hotel in Nebaj, Guatemala. Sak’Cari means “Sunrise” in the local Mayan language.)
- Watch the sunset every day for a week.
- See the Northern Lights.
- Buy Andy Andrews coffee.
- Meet Bob Goff.
- Celebrate New Years in 2 or more countries on the same day.
- Sign my name on Auburn’s Samford Hall clock tower.
- Participate in a flash mob.
- Own less than 100 things.
Take 1 picture every day for a year. Meet 5 Twitter friends IRL.
- Earn $5000 online.
- Earn 6-figures in a year.
- Ride on a Zamboni.
Ok…so that’s my bucket list. Do you have one? Post a link in the comments!